Foxtel has overhauled pricing for its high performance broadband, including NBN, for new and existing customers that’s designed to deliver its TV services as well as high speed broadband.
And the good news for existing Platinum HD customers is the offer of the Unlimited Broadband plan with home phone for an additional $65 a month with no lock in contract.
The other upside for Foxtel customers is the possibility to receive their Pay TV services and broadband through a single high-speed cable.
Foxtel has expanded the availability of NBN services to customers including access to HFC (hybrid fibre coaxial), FTTN (Fibre to the Node), FTTB (Fibre to the Building) and FTTP (fibre to the premise).
“At Foxtel, we are passionate about entertainment whether you’re watching a live game or bingeing on The Walking Dead,” says Peter Tonagh, Foxtel CEO.
“That’s why we pride ourselves on being a Broadband provider where your service is specifically built for entertainment with NBN, unlimited streaming, a modem optimised for video, and HD certification from YouTube.
“We are also committed to our loyal customers, which is why we are offering our Platinum subscribers a compelling low price, we won’t charge any upfront fees, and they can enjoy the flexibility of a no lock-in contract.”
“With the addition of HFC, we have secured the most important broadband technologies and can now service over 92 percent of Australian households with either ADSL or NBN connectivity.
“Our new pricing puts us in a very competitive position and whether you’re an existing Foxtel customer or new to our service, our bundles are exceptionally attractive.”
New and existing customers on Foxtel’s broadband plans will also be able to switch their service to the NBN without the need to change their contract.
Foxtel Broadband bundles feature:
– Reliable service with bundles available on ADSL or on the NBN with the 25/5Mbps speed tier# included on all our NBN unlimited broadband plans, ideal for HD video streaming;
– No data download limits for Foxtel content, including Foxtel On Demand, the Foxtel app, or Foxtel Now when connected to Foxtel Broadband at home;
– Optimised modem for video streaming – the Foxtel WiFi modem delivers improved wi-fi speeds and great in-home coverage, and it enables easy HD video streaming to multiple devices, free on a 24-month contract or to existing Platinum HD customers who take an unlimited broadband plan;
– Unrivalled content – Foxtel Broadband is bundled with Foxtel TV packages and our internet-ready set-top boxes to provide access to the best live sport, new movies, shows and complete seasons, live and on demand;
– YouTube HD verified+ (as at October 1, 2017) quality video streaming for less buffering and superior HD quality. Over 90 percent of YouTube videos streamed in peak hour are delivered in HD;
– Unlimited standard local calls2 included in all broadband bundles and unlimited standard national calls2 also included in the unlimited broadband bundles;
– Easy management of all Foxtel services with the convenience of a single bill, one point of contact and 24/7 technical support;
– Move between data plans and NBN speed tiers each month without a transfer fee to only pay for what you need.