New GoPro Hero7 action cameras have even better stabilisation
GoPro has just announced a new lineup of products that brings a new level of quality to the popular action cameras which can be used to capture impressive video in places where your smartphone can’t.
The flagship Hero7 Black, which will be priced at $599.95, now includes a new video stabilisation feature called HyperSmooth which is designed to capture videos that look like they were stabilised with a gimbal.
And it works in any conditions including underwater and in high shock and high wind situations where other gimbals would struggle.
GoPro has also introduced a new form of video called TimeWarp – which applies a high speed effect to your videos so it looks like a magic carpet ride along your favourite route that plays out in seconds and that’s easy to share on social media.
The new Hero7 Black is also the first GoPro which can directly live stream so users can share whatever they are shooting in real time to Facebook, Twitch, YouTube, Vimeo and other platforms around the world.
Also on board is portrait mode so GoPro users can take native vertical captures for easy sharing to social media platforms including Instagram Stories and Snapchat.
There is a 2-inch touchscreen display which now features a simplified user interface.
And, naturally, the GoPro is rugged and waterproof without a housing to a depth of 10m.
GoPro has released other Hero cameras including the 4K Hero7 Silver ($449.95) and the HD Hero7 White ($299.95).
Both of these models also feature improved video stabilisation they can also be controlled using voice commands or just a tap of the shutter button.
All of the new GoPro cameras will be available from September 27.
HERO7 Black Features:
- HyperSmooth Stabilization – Gimbal-like stabilization without the gimbal
- Live Stream – automatic sharing as you live it while saving your streamed videos to your SD card in high definition
- TimeWarp Video – Super-stabilized time lapse ‘magic carpet ride’ videos of your experiences, up to 30x speed
- SuperPhoto – Intelligent scene analyzation for professional-looking photos via automatically applied HDR, Local Tone Mapping and Multi-Frame Noise Reduction
- Portrait Mode – Native vertical-capture for easy sharing to Instagram Stories, Snapchat and more
- Enhanced Audio – Re-engineered audio captures increased dynamic range, new microphone membrane reduces unwanted vibrations during mounted situations
- Intuitive Touch Interface – 2-inch touch display with simplified user interface enables native vertical (portrait) use of camera
- Face, Smile + Scene Detection – HERO7 Black recognizes faces, expressions and scene-types to enhance automatic QuikStory edits on the GoPro app
- Short Clips – Restricts video recording to 15- or 30-second clips for faster transfer to phone, editing and sharing. Great for new users and kids.
- Photo Timer – Countdown timer for convenient selfies and group shots
- Stunning Image Quality – 4K60 video and 12MP photos
- Ultra Slo-Mo – 8x slow motion in 1080p240
- Rugged and Waterproof – Waterproof without a housing to 33ft (10m), goes everywhere your phone can’t
- Voice Control – Verbal commands let you go hands-free in 14 languages
- Auto Transfer to Phone – Your photos and videos move automatically from camera when connected to the GoPro app for on-the-go sharing
- GPS Performance Stickers – Track speed, distance and elevation, then highlight them by adding stickers to videos in the GoPro app
- Touch Zoom – Frame your photos and videos with just a touch