One of the most interesting things about any Star Wars film, including the latest movie The Last Jedi, are the amazing environments and locations. The good news is they’re not in a galaxy far, far away – you can be a Star Wars tourist and visit them.
Travel site Skyscanner has not only found the locations uses for filming in The Last Jedi – it has even worked out how much it will cost to get you there.
If want to relive the excitement from the latest installment The Last Jedi you’ll have to head across to Dubrovnik in Croatia, Salar de Uyuni in Bolivia and Ireland where there were four filming locations.
Dubrovnik served as the location for the exotic casino city Canto Bight and the local streets became the backdrop for a police chase.
The vast salt flats in Salar de Uyuni in Bolivia stood in for the mining planet Crait.
And four locations in Ireland, including Skellig Michael Island, was Luke Skywalker’s hideaway.
Skyscanner has all the details on where to go, when to go and how much it’s going to cost.
- Flight prices: $2,223.09*
- How to get there from Australia: Jump on a flight departing a major Australian city heading for Europe. Most flights will stopover in Asia on the way and then head on to the picturesque Croatian city on the Adriatic Sea. There are multiple flights that travellers can get to Europe on.
- Best time to visit: September/October or May/Jun (in the shoulder season, when the crowds aren’t too big)
Bolivia: Salar de Uyuni
- Flight prices: $1,851.24*
- How to get there from Australia: Flights out of Australia head across to Santiago in Chile. The next leg of the journey is to Calama airport in Chile, where travellers can then take a bus across the border into Bolivia – this is where they will be awe inspired by the incredible Salar de Uyuni.
- Best time to visit: July – October (during the dry season to experience its true nature)
Ireland: 4 filming locations (see details below)
- Flight prices: $2,001.57*
- How to get there from Australia and travel around: As there are multiple filming locations in Ireland, Skyscanner recommends taking a flight to Dublin International Airport and then a flight to Cork Airport (where travellers can start their Ireland road/bus trip. In order to hit the four filming locations, the below airports are the best for each destination.
- Skellig Michael Island, County Kerry – Cork Airport
- Ceann Sibeal, County Kerry – Cork Airport
- Loop Head, County Clare, Cork – Shannon Airport
- Malin Head, County Donegal – Donegal Airport
- Best time to visit: September, when it’s still slightly warm without the influx of crowds in July and August.
*Average flight price based on bookings made from January to October 2017 – for a return airfare to the destination